Collection of wishes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Collection of wishes

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brandon Brandon 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of A-Moll
    A-Moll
    Participant

Hi,

after a few gigs with the SQ5 i wish to get the following features:
    – an overview screen for the selected channel would be useful.
    – a popup to see what I do when using a rotary knob. For example: change the gain when the display is showing the gate or compressor
    – an offline editor!
    – the possibility to choose the parameters for recording (sample rate, sample depth, channels I want to record; to get not such big files)
    – if recording multitrack: to take the channel-names for naming the files
    – by pressing the view button also to get the information which hardware (IP, Slot,…) is connected to an output

… and I found the following bugs:
    – if I use a subgroup as an output the phase reverse button didn´t work
    – after the firmware-update from 1.0 to 1.1 it wasn’t´t possible to read the configuration I made using the 1.0 version. Hope this will be possible at the next time!

… some problems I got / not verified till now:
    – stopping a multitrack recording and starting again killed the first recording (just the 16 files named from 1…16 with 512 Byte are left)
    – recording with Logic Pro X connected to my MacBook Pro with USB 2.0 made problems after a while. Don´t know the exact message. Something like “USB 2.0 isn´t fast enough”

Hope to help to make this nice mixing desk better!

Andreas <A-Moll> Müller

Profile photo of Ethan
    Ethan
    Participant

Hi A-Moll,

I’ve just tried recording via the USB rear output on my SQ6 and using Logic Pro X on a nice macbook too. I keep getting the Disk speed not fast enough (write) error and it stops the recording too. Have you found anything that will make it work? We were wondering if it is because the console is 96khz.

Thanks

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I’ve just tried recording via the USB rear output on my SQ6 and using Logic Pro X on a nice macbook too. I keep getting the Disk speed not fast enough (write) error and it stops the recording too. Have you found anything that will make it work? We were wondering if it is because the console is 96khz.

You will probably need to record to an SSD. Is it a MacBook Pro or an MacBook?

Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

Just make sure your project settings are set to f.e 48khz. Then Logic Pro will record 48khz files giving you less issues with disk speed or cpu.

Done this a couple of times with about 16 Tracks flawlessly. Haven’t tried to record @ 96k. But I am sure this will bring my MacBook to his knees 😂

Profile photo of A-Moll
    A-Moll
    Participant

Hi Ethan, hi Tonmeister Daniel,

the last gigs I recorded it should be safe to have it on the disk…
    So I recorded with an USB-Stick.
    Because of that: I have no news.

@TonmeisterDaniel: I had two ideas (Samplerate of project and change the buffer size). Now I know it. Thanks for your advice!

Best regards

A-Moll

Profile photo of Ethan
    Ethan
    Participant

It is a Macbook Pro, so it has the SSD. I will check on the 48 vs 96 in Logic.

Thanks

Profile photo of A-Moll
    A-Moll
    Participant

Hi!

Last week I tested it to record with 48kHz (switched LogicX to 48kHz)
    It worked.

Andreas

Profile photo of Ethan
    Ethan
    Participant

Yes I switched it from 44.1khz to 44khz and it works well.

Profile photo of Brandon
    Brandon
    Participant

JUST BECAUSE ITS A MacBook Pro DOESNT MEAN IT HAS AN SSD. mine is 2013 pro and does not have an ssd. check your system info in the “about this Mac” in the apple drop down menu.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.