Channels 9 – 16 Dead on QU-32

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Channels 9 – 16 Dead on QU-32

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ric4001
    Ric4001
    Participant

Good Morning;

For some reason channels 9 thru 16 are dead. But not consistently.
    The other day I had set up for an upcoming show and all worked just fine. Yesterday I went in to do some recording for a friend of mine and channels 9 thru 16 where dead. Tried everything (I Think). Moved inputs to channel 8…fine. Moved input to channel 17…fine. Did a hard reset no change. Shut down and restarted and it was fine. Any thoughts of what could have caused this?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Assigned to local, DSnake or USB inputs?
    Dead, as in nothing on PFL/ solo?

Profile photo of Ric4001
    Ric4001
    Participant

Yes Dead. Nothing. Solo, etc. Nothing. Just 9 to 16. Pretty weird to me. And then to come back on when re-starting.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

bad ribbon cable connection, send the unit back and get it replaced.

Profile photo of Ric4001
    Ric4001
    Participant

That was my first thought as well. I was just hoping it was something else. Thanks for your reply though.

Profile photo of dpdan
    dpdan
    Participant

sorry you are having trouble 🙁

Profile photo of Estong
    Estong
    Participant

RIC4001, I have the same problem with yours. Channel 9-16 is dead on my QU-24.

Did you get it fix? What is the problem?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

If the “gain knob” on the channel screen is not RED, you’re on a digital input instead of the local console input. Make sure that your inputs are all the same. I don’t know why things would change as a block, but it IS possible from the scant info given about the ” problem” that no matter what the cause, the “fault” may simply be mis-assignment of input source.

Worth checking.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The likelihood of there being *a* problem is very small.

if it was me I’d pretty much guarantee that I’d misrouted or misassigned something

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Do you have either a AB168 or AR2412 stage box to try and see if the channels 9-16 work via the stage box through the mixer. That would somewhat narrow down if it is a mixer input hardware problem isolated to channels 9 – 16 or a software processing issue with those channels. Either way it doesn’t fix the problem, just an experiment to try.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Or you could try USB inputs, from USB A if you have a previous recording you can use, or USB B if not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.