Cases

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phill Phill 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TonmeisterDaniel
    TonmeisterDaniel
    Participant

Is there anything known yet about the flight cases? Looking at the SQ-6

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

I contacted SafeCase and sent them the Technical Datasheet for the SQ measurements.

They can readily make a nice road case for either the SQ-5 or SQ-6.

I have several of their cases and am quite pleased with the build quality and value.

https://www.safecases.com

~ ~ ~ ~

I’ve ordered an SQ-5 … now it’s like waiting for Christmas ! ☺

Bob
    Central VA

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi,
    We are in the process putting together some documentation for flight case manufacturers, but I wanted to jump in quickly to point out that the gaps at the side of the SQ are for ventilation.
    There are also air vents at the front on the angled section and at the rear above the local XLR input sockets.
    It is important that none of these areas are obstructed if you are intending to use the SQ whilst it is in the flight case (as opposed to removing the SQ from the case for use).
    Cheers!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Ab2you
    Ab2you
    Participant

Hi,
    It looks like there is a fan at the angled bottom, Am I right?

Ab

Profile photo of MJPA Hire
    MJPA Hire
    Participant

Hi

Are the air vents on the SQ illustrated in the CAD drawings so flightcase manufactures can cater for them in their designs.

Cheers

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

The vents in the front and rear mentioned by Keith are shown on the sq6 technical datasheet. The “gaps on the sides” are just voids to allow for air intake (I assume the fan is sucking rather than blowing.) It’s not mentioned to “keep clear for airflow” or similar, but you’d hope a case manufacturer would question how the fan is going to work if they enclosed it by covering those voids. Biggest problem I see is that due to the positioning of the rear vents, a dogbox might not sit flush with the top edge if the mixer.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Now that the SQs are beginning to find their way into the real world, has anyone gotten a case for their new baby ?

Keith – do you have any specifications yet that we could pass on to the case manufacturers ?

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Yippee … The SQ-5 has arrived !

I have spoken with Rudy at SafeCase and ordered a simple tray style road case.

The Technical Datasheet for the SQ provided most of the needed dimensions. However, to ensure adequate support during transit, the height of the front (hand rest area) and distance from the front edge to fader at rest was needed for proper placement of the foam supports.

As Keith mentioned above, it would be wise to ensure proper ventilation of the mixer during operation.

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I have spoken with Rudy at SafeCase and ordered a simple tray style road case.

How much was the case?

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Hello Art:

The 1/4″ thickness is $320 and the 3/8″ thickness is $340 … plus $25 shipping.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

Yippee … my Safe Case for the SQ-5 arrived today. It fits the mixer like a glove !

While I will likely remove the mixer from the case during use, there should be ample ventilation if it’s left in the bottom tray of the case.

Now I can use the bubble wrap for something else ! ☺

Profile photo of Phill
    Phill
    Participant

Anyone in UK got a decent case with rear box and wheels? I’ve been getting prices for a 3part case with 2U rack underneath the desk. The ventilation required has caught a few guys out with the quotes.. and pricing is looking a good bit higher than expected….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.