can't find libraries

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions can't find libraries

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of plevrier plevrier 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of adam
    adam
    Participant

I’ve been having an issue with finding saved libraries.
    If I save few libraries for example EQ-s in a show I can’t recall them in an other show. When I go to the library manager I can see them they are in there but when I got to the PEQ they are just not in the library.Should’nt be there a central library which I could reach from each show? Or each show’s got a different library? Or did I miss something?

Profile photo of adam
    adam
    Participant

The mixer is a GLD-80 by the way…

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

Each show has its own library. But you can save them on an USB stick. Libs from
    USB are always shown.

Profile photo of adam
    adam
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer.It’ s a bit uncomfortable for me.I’d prefer to use a central library but it might be just me. In future improvements might take this into consideration.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

It is just getting used to the system which is ok.
    When you make a library it is stored into the show you are in. So when you copy the config / show it is all there when you move to another GLD.

When saving librarys to USB you are able to make your default settings for anything you like in every show you are in. the only thing which is a pain is the types of libs. You can have a full channelstrip lib, but in this strip is not possible to recall only the compressor or EQ. When you know this, this is no issue, but more like getting used to is and is usable.

Most to the time I am not using libs because you are forgetting to listen and using your default tricks instead of doing where the sound needs to go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.