can qu16 take the cold

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions can qu16 take the cold

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

I have searched and read all I could find on the subject but nothing was really on point. I am interested in temperatures during transport, not while operating. I am getting ready to travel from the mountains of North Carolina to Florida. A cold front arrives tomorrow but we are not leaving until either Friday or Saturday morning. As of tomorrow the highs will not be above freezing until Sunday. That means if I load the car before we leave the QU could be in temps of 14-23 degrees Fahrenheit for two days and maybe two and a half days. Of course, I will allow it and all my other stuff to acclimate before I attempt to use them. My question is, would these temps for this period of time be bad for the QU such that I need to take a different approach?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chuck

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Chuck,

That wouldn’t be a problem. As long as the mixer is not powered, I wouldn’t be concerned.
    Before you switch it on, make sure it gets back to ambient temperature above 0 deg C / 32 deg F, otherwise condensation might be an issue.

Profile photo of Chuck
    Chuck
    Participant

Excellent! Thank you Nicola! I will be sure to let it warm up before messing with it. I sure didn’t want to be loading the car in 15 degree temps with 20 mph winds. This will make things a lot easier.

Again, Thanks!!

Chuck

Profile photo of knga
    knga
    Participant

Hello!

Is there any temperature limit, to where use Qu? For example I will be using it outside this winter with temperatures below 0°C. I’ve use it in cold weather already, without any problem, but I’m just wondering in what conditions it is advisable to use it:)

Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We spec it for 0-35 deg C. The biggest problem with cold is condensation due to the heat produced inside the mixer. In very dry environments you might be safe to go below 0 but we cannot guarantee correct functioning outside the specified temperature range.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.