Brand new board won’t turn on

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Brand new board won’t turn on

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rbecker
    Rbecker
    Participant

Hi. Brand new customer here, we’re a theater group that just invested in a GLD-112. I just plugged it in, and flipped the power switch. The fan spins, and the power and ready lights come on. Other than that, nada. No LCD, no scribblestrips. I really hope this thing isn’t dead on arrival, but I guess these things happen sometimes. Suggestions?

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Time to call your reseller and have them ship you a new board ASAP.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Where did you get the console?

Profile photo of Rbecker
    Rbecker
    Participant

I bought the board through Sweetwater Sound. Their customer service was great as always— I emailed by sales engineer there and he took care of everything. They’ve shipped a new one, and I’ll return mine with their shipping label today.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Not to mention you have a two year warranty with them.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That’s good. They will take care of you.
    FWIW I’m a dealer and this is extremely rare. I’ve only gotten 1 GLD that had a DOA display problem. Had a replacement the next day. And 1 QU with a network port problem. Again replacement the next day. I live in one day range of the MS warehouse. But I’ve sold a bunch of consoles so defects are rare.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.