Background noise in GLD80

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting Background noise in GLD80

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scott Scott 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

Hi all,
    I’m not sure if this is even an issue, as it’s not audible during normal use, but I’ve got a constant signal coming out of the mains. Just wondering if anyone knew the cause. FWIW, nothing is coming out of the auxes, and the sig gen is muted.
    Thanks!

Profile photo of ofstreams
    ofstreams
    Participant

I found the problem after muting my dcas one at a time, when I got to my fx group. As it turns out, the rotator effect return has background noise even when nothing is running through it. I guess they wanted to make it super authentic, like an old, noisy leslie, but I’ve never heard one make that sound 🙂
    Food for thought, in case you ever have some weird noise, check your effects.

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The tape (space) echo has also a noise.

Profile photo of boulesvisit
    boulesvisit
    Participant

By individually muzzling my dcas, I was able to narrow down the suspect fx group. It has been discovered that the rotator effect return is noisily present even when no current is passing through it. They probably tried to make it sound like an ancient, noisy leslie for authenticity’s sake, but I’ve never heard one sound like that before mario games.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

Some of the FX like the take echo have “built-in” noise as part of the emulation. On the tape echo you can turn it off with a switch on the effect front control panel.

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

*tape echo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.