Anyone using Samsung View to mix?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Anyone using Samsung View to mix?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

Update:

David got back to me.
    I had asked about the scene recall- only having numbers – not names. I also asked about QU Drive record function from the tablet. He told me neither of these are possible due to the limitations of the TCP Midi protocol.
    However, neither of these things are a concern for me but I know others would have liked these functions so I asked anyway.

My main issue was the meter problem and he suggested a firmware bug. When I posed the question to him, all I had to go on was that the metering appeared to freeze after a few minutes of use. However, I think I worked out why the meters are freezing on me….It seems that I was probably not noticing the small error message that comes up when a disconnect occurs and disappears quite quickly. I watched the screen closely yesterday and realized that I was losing connection quite a lot but it isn’t a problem for the most part because the auto connect happens so quickly, its hardly noticeable. However, when it occurs, everything else – faders, buttons etc all come back and function immediately except the metering which appears frozen. The work around is to hit disconnect and then re-connect manually which takes a couple of seconds and the metering returns as normal.
    I changed some settings: turned off bluetooth, set wi-fi during sleep mode, extended sleep intervals and extended power save start time which are all things that can help if disconnects are happening too frequently and it has helped a lot. I got 30 minutes into a virtual show yesterday before I lost connection – compared to 5 and 10 minutes before (although almost never with the iPad)
    Today I wrote to David letting him know why I think the metering ‘freezes’.
    Even if this cannot be fixed, it is not a complete deal breaker for me along with QU recording and scene names because the app is so good in every other way and I have a workaround for the meter problem.

debzdoodle
    Participant

Regarding the meter problem: I tried again late last night and noticed an error message coming up showing disconnection so after paying particular attention to the screen, I realized that the tablet was disconnecting quite often and the metering functionality was the only thing not responding after auto re-connect. So this led me to realize that this was more of a tablet / router issue than an app issue. I changed the static IP address and so far it is responding well. If I can get the drop outs to a minimum – maybe once or twice an evening at most – then if the metering loses function at re-connect, it won’t be so bad and I am all set to take the tablet out for its first show this weekend. I hope that David can get the metering to respond on the app after auto connect but keeping the disconnects down to a minimum helps no end….

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Need a tablet with Ethernet 😉

debzdoodle
    Participant

yeah – right?…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

They exist…

If that is a significant issue then I could consider one, since they often have full sized USBA ports, and a proper DC Jack as well. Make a good job of hooking up a BCF2000

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I bumped into a Samsung View today and wow
    What a huge touch screen!

How are you getting on with your debzdoodle?
    Did you put any screen shots up anywhere?

Profile photo of kmoor
    kmoor
    Participant

I’m using a RaspberryPI with Android installed on it. It has usb for a BCF2000 and a hard wired Ethernet port. I needed a fader pack for my QU-PAC for an event.

Profile photo of andyoz
    andyoz
    Participant

Regards the Android QU app, when I tried it I couldn’t access the FX library and some other features. Was I missing something obvious?

debzdoodle
    Participant

Yes – it is huge!… but that is why I did it. If you are going to jump up in size from an iPad – why not?…..
    I haven’t used it as much as I thought I might…….I still use the iPad to mix a lot – because of the size of the Samsung, sometimes space doesn’t allow (in these smaller bars) but when I can use it, it is a lot of fun. Very easy to see everything and no ‘fat finger’ syndrome. It is responsive and much more customizable than the iPad.
    I always use my iPad to set up levels, monitors etc before the show starts as I can walk around with it – not so easy with the Samsung so I keep it situated at FOH the same way I would a physical mixer I enjoy using both for different reasons.
    I hate having to walk away and leave it if I don’t have someone there watching of me- I always pick up my iPad and take it with me but the Samsung is too big – although it is much more difficult to hide in a coat or bag!

I dont have any screen shots – I should get some in situ!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Brilliant
    Thanks very much for replying
    I have researched them for days now.
    If I remember correctly you can get more than 8 faders on to a screen with the Pro Mixing station?
    And from some reports I heard the screen will let you move track ten figures at the same time?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.