Any value to IEM and Wedge strips?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Any value to IEM and Wedge strips?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

I am running ME-1’s to the stage so I don’t need an IEM or wedge. Is there some way to reclaim these busses ? I still don’t seem to have enough. The real problem is more outputs than busses. Why do sub groups eat up OUTPUTS? I’m just dumping them back to the Main mix.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

They aren’t actually busses, they’re a dynamic output patch for the PAFL signal. Subgroups eat up mix outs because of the processing available on them, and they do output a signal to wherever you route them to, be that an XLR socket or another mix. Actually patching a signal to an output isn’t too much of a strain on the desk, it has more than 20 male XLRs.

Chris

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Nicola gave me a good tip a couple of years ago about patching the IEM strip to the headphone output to provide a mute button for the headphones, I was having an issue with hearing bleed through them and it was easier to hit the IEM mute button (on a softkey) than to turn the knob up and down each time.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have to use IEM as a control room monitor for TV mix projects. Just wish the GLD had equivalent to Alt out on QU.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

you can make alt out with a matrix output ? just route Main to it on pre fader. works fine

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

But I need PFL for a control room feed.

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

you can patch pfl to any output in the I/O screen ? I am sure I am missing the purpose how you are using the gld.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Just like a CR output on a recording console. I need a stereo out with level control that will PFL to solo inputs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.