Ambiance Mic -> Stereo Matrix for recording

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Ambiance Mic -> Stereo Matrix for recording

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Stix Stix 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BillyP
    BillyP
    Participant

I am setting up a GLD-112 for live production and recording. I have band inputs and performer mics going to main mix out (LR +M sum). To send the room ambiance mic to the stereo matrix mix along with the LR main mix, what is the best path to do this?
    I see several pathways to get there, but what is the preferred routing?
    1) Patch the room mic into a mono group, pan to center. Patch the mono group into the stereo matrix.
    2) Patch the room mic into a stereo group, pan mic to center. Patch the stereo group into the stereo matrix.
    3) Patch the room mic into an Aux (mono or stereo?). Patch the aux into the stereo matrix.
    4) Patch the room mic (from the direct out?) to the stereo matrix insert return

I am leaning towards the mono group method.
    Thoughts.
    Thanks

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

A mono aux would be the best method. You can more easily individually control not only that, but other levels to your room mix. If your room feed is to be direct from the aux, and is stereo, then use a stereo aux.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Also a good idea to feed your mains from a matrix even if just via the main L/R buss so that your FOH processing/ EQ doesn’t affect the recording feed. Bypass the Main L/R processing and use each of the Matrix’s processing instead.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.