ALT out jacks and PAFL

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting ALT out jacks and PAFL

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Orioletheater
    Orioletheater
    Participant

School PAC application: Have recently switched from a digital Soundcraft to a QU-32. I have booth monitors plugged into ALT out, and the setings in I/O patch/Surface set to derive signal from “PAFL”. Using headphones I can listen to the prefade input to the channels. I can not listen to channels pre-fade using the booth monitors, only post fade, after I bring them up in the mix. This “listen before adding” was a capability we used extensively on the Soundcraft for setup and troubleshooting. Besides an adaptor to run the self powered booth monitors from the headphone jack, is there a way to monitor the headphone feed using the ALT out ? Another selection on the surface menu ” Headphones” would do it ! Thanks for considering

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Check your PAFL settings. Page 61 of the PDF manual.

Profile photo of Orioletheater
    Orioletheater
    Participant

Thank you Dick for the suggestion. I have tried all the settings on the PAFL screen and can not get the desired effect. When I compare what I hear in the headphones to the ALT output, while PAFL’ing a channel, they are not the same. Based on the PAFL settings, I can listen to the pre-fade signal from a channel in the headphones before adding it to the L-R mix just like I want. This same “monitor before add” capability is not coming out the ALT jacks, and that is what I am looking to do. I am believing that it is just not supported in the software. I can do what I want by using a patch cord, and running the self powered booth monitors from the headphone jack rather than the ALT, but then I loose the headphone jack for other potential uses. Appreciate any suggestions.

Dick Rees
    Participant

OT…

Have you turned up the Alt Out pot located right by the ‘phones pot?

I’ll dig out my desk later today or tomorrow and see if I can replicate your situation.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Just ran a check and mine works fine. Re-check your settings for luck. Otherwise, save any settings to your USB stick and do a hard reset of the desk.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

There is something weird that goes on sometimes especially I find after taking changing show data and I always run my PAFL out through ALT OUT
    If your desk looks similar to this do what Dick says.
    Hes a master Grasshopper 😐

However your Settings should look something like this as attached..
    and I use these desks everyday
    Hope this helps

Dick Rees
    Participant

Also may want to check “safes”, re-load your scene or zero out and start fresh new scene.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.