Admin Password on IPAD (v1.8 release)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Admin Password on IPAD (v1.8 release)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Carlos Carlos 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Carlos
    Carlos
    Participant

I just upgraded the software on our QU32. I noticed that now the IPAD requires the admin password in order to be used. I’ve read some forums here saying that the password was added since before admin settings could be accessed on the IPAD without it. However, my team uses the IPAD to mix the house and I don’t want all of them to have the password for ADMIN. Why isn’t there a “Standard” user selection on the IPAD so the ADMIN password doesn’t have to be entered ? I get that before admin settings weren’t secured on the IPAD but now only users with ADMIN clearance can use the IPAD. I want my whole team to use the IPAD with Standard security and this just threw a wrench into my whole system! Anyone have any suggestions ? Or how can I contact allen and heath about this?

Thanks,

Carlos

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

This is a constantly re-occuring thread. The QuPad application allows full control over your mixer, with upcoming V1.82 even more than ever. It particularly does (currently) not support different use cases so admin password is required to operate the QuPad application as admin password is required to have full access to your Qu.
    There is no general rule what a non-admin should be able to do via QuPad and what not. This totally differs depending on use case and need some kind of configuration. Best solution probably would be to enable login using Standard and Basic passwords as well and activate the same limitations as local operation. But this is not (yet) available.

Profile photo of Carlos
    Carlos
    Participant

Yes, I agree its a re-ocurring thread. I was reading through all the posts in the forum and really couldn’t find a straight answer. Thanks for responding though. I guess I’ll have to wait until the next update and see if they will add more user securities like “Standard” and “Basic” on the QUPAD as there are on the board.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Since the Qu-SB is controllable by QuPad only I guess there is a chance something like this happens.
    Qu-SB announcement reads like this:

Eliminating the on deck user interface, all control parameters on Qu-SB are provided via a fully-featured iOS tablet app. User permissions can be set up to block the operator’s access to critical settings.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Just what I was going to say!

Although not due just yet I guess, it’s worth a reminder to everybody that, as it will probably be version 1.9 rather than 1.8x, it is vital that iPad & desk are updated at the same time. So turn off your iPad’s auto update function to avoid problems.

Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

Seems the ‘Getting Started Guide’ for the Qu-SB backs up what Andreas and MarkPAman are saying re Ver 1.9 software and user permission settings:

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-SB-Getting-Started-Guide-AP10287_1.pdf

The release date for the Qu-SB was given as July at the recent show in Germany, so maybe we’ll see the updated Ver 1.9 software for the rest of the Qu series about then?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Maybe the firmware will be released somewhat earlier and crossing fingers that this sentence on page 16 is just not-yet-removed copy&paste text: “The Qu-Pad app requires the Admin password if set.”.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi All,

I can confirm that V1.9 Qu-Pad will implement user permissions with different levels of access. We hope to release some time in May depending on testing.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Excellent – not something I need at the moment, but good.

Is it going to remember the password if the connection drops? Because it’s really annoying to have a glitch in the connection and have to retype your admin password to stop the feedback…

Profile photo of Carlos
    Carlos
    Participant

Great, thanks! Yes, it would be nice to have it stayed logged in and you can log off when done rather than having to sign in over and over again every time the IPAD gets locked out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.