AB168>AR2412>AR84

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions AB168>AR2412>AR84

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nasi nasi 6 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jakobee
    Jakobee
    Participant

How can i connect these 3 boxes to my GLD 112? I have tried to put the AB168 into the expander port of the AR2412, but it doesnt show up on my console. The AR84 is connected via another cad 6 to the consoles rear panel and it shows up, so it is basically a question of why the AB doesnt show up via the the AR2412 expander port.

hope someone can help

all the best

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

I don’t own an AR2412, but have 2 of the AB168’s which I connect to my GLD80. I cascade one from the expander port of the other, like you are trying to do. Sees them both.
    According to the manual what you are trying to do should work.
    What happens when you connect just the AB168 to to e console, does that show up?
    What about the AR84 to the expander port on the AR2412?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think it won’t work because the console won’t allow 24+16+8 to be connected. While that’s 48 total the console wants the extra 8 to be onboard. Not external. I think the AR2412 and AB168 would work if you disconnect the AR84. Try that and see. I have all three boxes but have never tried to hook all three up. The console is smart and knows it doesn’t like that. I’m pretty sure I’m right. Maybe not. But verify by unhooking the 84

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

The ab168 in the expander port of the ar2412 is the correct way to do this.

Witch firmware are you running?

The ar84 at the expander of the console is also the correct way.

You can connect three stage boxes to the gld to get al 48 channels remote.

Is tne ab168 only recognized?

Richarc

Profile photo of Jakobee
    Jakobee
    Participant

@Rob: When i connect the AB to the expander in the console, it doesnt show up – only when in the expander on the 2412.
    The AR84 can be connected in the expander of both the console and the 2412.

So what puzzles me most is that i can’t connect the AB to the console expander.

@GCummbee: It actualle works – you just annul the inputs of the console, and then assign them to the extra expander.

@Showtime: I updated to 1.61 before connecting anything. The reason i wonder is that every manual i’ve found says that the AB can be connected to the expander port on the console. But it cant in my case.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Did you have the AR84 on the 2412 expander when you tried the AB on the console expander ports? The last 4 inputs 45-48 I think are only line level. The console handles max 44 mics. So I keep thinking it doesn’t like those 3 hooked together at same time. I had a graphic once from AH that showed the stage box combinations. I’ll look for it.

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Look at the manual, it lays out all possible combinations.
    The only thing that can be plugged into the expansion port on the console is the AR84.
    Sorry if I wasn’t clear on that.
    Look at the diagram, theoretically this should work, unless there is a hardware issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

According to the user manual, the only way to connect all 3 is to connect the AR2412 to the dSNAKE, the AB168 to the Expander Port on the AR2412 and the AR84 to the Expander Port on the GLD.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I stand corrected. I didn’t think the console could do 48 mics. So there must be another problem.

Profile photo of Jakobee
    Jakobee
    Participant

Well that solves it then. It works in the order you found in the manual Rob. I was referring to the AB manual and that doesn’t give that order of connection. However it says that you can connect 2 AB’s to the dSnake port on the desk. I guess all the confusion must be, that you can not connect one AB to the dSnake port, only 2. Which is kind of odd.

However, thanks a million guys. You were really helpful.

Jakob

Profile photo of nasi
    nasi
    Participant

that you can not connect one AB to the dSnake port, only 2

Since we have only one AB168 I can confirm it works really fine with only one.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.