5.1 shows: TCP midi support for pan?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions 5.1 shows: TCP midi support for pan?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jay Jay 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Gooooood morning folks!

I started fooling around with a 5.1 show for an upcoming event. I wanted to build in a few reciprocating, some randomized, and a few intentional spatialization movements within the piece, using the desk as source for that automation. In a playback-only situation I could just map out 6 channels to lcrLSRSLFE; but in this show I want to create movement with several live elements at once.

SO, the question is: is Pan (both stereo, and 5.1,) supported in the midi spec? I don’t see it in the documentation. The most efficient way I can think of is a Lemur or Max generator for the type of movement I’m after.

Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

CMG,

You also need, at the least, front/rear balance in addition to pan. It isn’t in the MIDI spec. Ideally, you would also have access to surround mode so you can switch a channel in/out of 5.1.

Jay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.