DCA issues

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cmorrowk cmorrowk 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of cmorrowk
    cmorrowk
    Participant

Hello, new member here. So I just got the GLD 80. I run the sound for my church. For the most part, set up has been pretty straight forward. However, I have 4 hanging mics (choir mics) that I’ve placed on layer 2. I’ve placed a DCA (Choir DCA) to control all 4 mics on layer 1. The problem is, the Choir DCA is also controlling my pulpit, cd, laptop, etc., levels. I’ve checked the DCA a million times. NOTHING BUT THE 4 CHOIR MICS is turned “on” in the choir DCA. Each of the other channels can be controlled by their channel slider, but the DCA slider is acting like a group slider. In other words, I can’t turn volume up on other channels unless the choir DCA is up as well. I just don’t understand what I’m missing. Any suggestions?

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Is it possible that you have your master fader assigned to the DCA? That would explain not getting any audio from other channels when the DCA is down, even without those channels being assigned to the DCA.

Identify the channel DCA mute LEDs on the channels, they’re the small red LEDs near the main mute button for the channel. When you mute the DCA, the DCA mute light, the big one on the DCA fader, should turn on (white > red), you should also see the DCA mute LED (small red ones) for the channels turn on on any channels that are assigned to the DCA. Are you getting DCA mute lights on any channels other than your choir mics?

Chris

cmorrowk
    Participant

Thanks Chris, I’ll look at that tomorrow. You brought up another question I had though. I’ve also assigned mute groups to soft keys. One of those mute groups is for 8 wireless mics. When I press the soft key to mute the mics, I noticed it did illuminate the small LED’s. Why did the small LED’s light and not the larger white mute buttons?

Chris

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

The little lights say it is muted via a DCA. That is what the little lights are for.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, AR2412, AR84, MacBook Pro, Reaper

cmorrowk
    Participant

Great! Thanks guys! Chris- That was the problem. For some reason, the mains were included in the DCA mute group I created. Very easy fix.

Rob- Thanks. I thought that was the reason, but wasn’t sure.

Chris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.