MP3 files not recognised

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions MP3 files not recognised

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BobWitte BobWitte 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MozZ
    MozZ
    Participant

I have just received a Brand New replacement GLD-80 after having horrible problems with my initial desk. However, this desk does not recognise ANY mp3 files I try to use, even though they where recognised by the previous (and loan) desk. THis is really begining to get under my skin as I have not had one single truoble free moment with this desk. IF its not locking bank buttons or feedback issues or desk freeze issues then it another!! Please, has anyone or A&H support come across this issue and do you have a fix

I am using a Scandisk Cruzer 4gb USB flash on 1.3 Firmware. (though I have tried other flash drives and it makes no difference). In the meantime I will try re-installing the 1.3 Firmware

MozZ
    PeRoMo Sound
    http://www.peromo.co.uk

Profile photo of Eddy_current
    Eddy_current
    Participant

Hi MozZ,
    If you have a new gld-80 it will not play mp3’s check the knowledbase https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/451/124/gld-what-codecs-are-supported-for-usb-audio-playback, older desks will.

Cheers Dave

GLD-80
    AR2412
    GL2400-24
    MixWiz3

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Interesting that it records at a different sample rate than the rest of the console runs at. The older one I use will play .mp3s and I’m pretty sure it records at 48KHz.

Do we know why the change was made?

Chris

Profile photo of MozZ
    MozZ
    Participant

Thanks Eddy_current.

That resolved it for me.

Same question as Chris.. do we know why it was changed as it will be somewhat inconvenient having to convert any audio I wish to use. My entire, and size able, library is in mp3. Bummer!

MozZ

MozZ
    PeRoMo Sound
    http://www.peromo.co.uk

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Confirmed that the August 2012 one records at 48K.

A lot of the early problems were USB based, maybe something was done to avoid these. Does it seem feasible that the supply of 48K and mp3 compatible components dried up?

Chris

Eddy_current
    Participant

That’s interesting Chris, I wonder what else has changed in the v2 hardware? I haven’t had any issues with my GLD which was an ex demo unit , I think it was manufactured in September 2012. Just out of interest where are GLD’s manufactured now? Mine was in the UK.

GLD-80
    AR2412
    GL2400-24
    MixWiz3

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

I would be interested in how one determines if a desk is V1 or V2 hardware.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, AR2412, AR84, MacBook Pro, Reaper

Eddy_current
    Participant

I’m just speculating about v2 hardware, but a GLD manufactured after 14th June 2013 won’t play mp3’s and appears to use a different sample rate for USB recording.

GLD-80
    AR2412
    GL2400-24
    MixWiz3

Profile photo of plevrier
    plevrier
    Participant

No it is not due to different hardware.

Since 21th of juni there is a new owner:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/News/Pages/NewsDetail.aspx?NewsId=682

If you bought your GLD before this date you will have a licence for MP3 otherwise, you don’t :)

If it was for repair and puchased before 21-6-2013 and MP3 playout is gone, please contact your local distrubutor or A&H directly. I am sure they will solve it for you, but you have to bring your console back in for a SSD exchange.

Regards,
    Pascal

GLD80 :-)

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

That is a real crock!!!!I am not the biggest mp3 fan but it is a way of life in audio world. Like CD players having to adapt years ago. I changed out a slew of them just for that reason….

GLD 80- AR2412….GLD112,AR2412 and 2 x AR84’s coming plus QU16 & ME-1

Profile photo of BobWitte
    BobWitte
    Participant

No big deal for us. We never used the MP3 capability. All of our background music is on an iPod and recording is always in WAV. If someone wanted an MP3 they get it the next day or two anyways via a download link we send them.

Bob

GLD80, AR2412, 2xAR84, Dante, GLD Remote

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.