ADMIN PASS LOST

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions ADMIN PASS LOST

This topic contains 20 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of zuky
    zuky
    Participant

Hi guys I have for your big request. I bought a second hand GLD 80. and I need to reset the admin password. you have no idea how someone can this be? from the back it has no such switch as T112: (please help me. thank you in advance for your advice [V][V]

GLD

Profile photo of marcoboy
    marcoboy
    Participant

Contact the A&H service. something like that that does not happen to one or more lays of user. with all right! The admin password is secret!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

My demo GLD had no Admin PW. I put one in as a test to demo to a customer. Then I later took it out.

GLD 80- AR2412….GLD112,AR2412 and 2 x AR84’s coming plus QU16 & ME-1

Profile photo of zuky
    zuky
    Participant

I BOUGHT THIS WEEK GLD. THEN WHEN I ARRIVED AT HOME I FOUND OUT THAT IS ADMIN PASSWORD. SO I IMMEDIATELY CALLED TO MEN WHOS SOLD ME GLD. TOLD ME I DONT KNOW ADMINPASS.
    SOME USER ACOUNT WAS FREE SO I CAN USE ME GLD. BUD I TRY IT GET NEW FIRMWARE VERSION… AND NOW I CANT USE GLD BECAUSE IS ONLY ONE ADMIN ACCOUN AND WANT PASSWORD FROM ME.

PS SORRY FOR ME BAD ENGLIS

GLD

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Have you tried a RESET?

Turn off GLD without using the Shutdown method on screen. Just turn power switch off..

Turn on GLD…..after bootup you will get a screen. Touch ADVANCED
    Then RESET GLD..

I have not tried that but thought it might reset the Admin Password. Maybe not. Try it.

Contact Allen and Heath…

Profile photo of marcoboy
    marcoboy
    Participant

The password can not be reset by reset!The console must be sent to A&H.
    In the delivery status desk has no password.

Forgiving a password for the Admin you noted it well. Please create user with all privileges without password. As an Admin you come return the console. User can delete ..

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The console can be reset to true factory status, but it’s a deeper level of “Reset” than the one accessed from the touch screen. I believe it involves jumpers inside the console.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think it is pretty stupid to have to return a console just to reset. I have never heard of that with any other device. Surely there is a way to do it with a combination of switches or something.

Listen folks. This is just an audio board. It is not a piece of top secret equipment for any user. It does not have a key to the nuclear launch codes. It is JUST and audio board.

Sometimes people get too wacky about security. How did we ever survive for 50 years on analog boards?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Zuki:

Can you not get into the console at all? As in you can’t get past the login for Admin?

As I had said, mine came with no password. Today I created on for admin and restarted and was prompted to login. I then went back in and deleted it by just leaving the field blank for the create and confirm. It is back to how it was when I got it and works.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

The problem is that someone set an admin password, forgot it, and then sold him the console.

Chris

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Oh!!!

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

Contact Tech Support:https://www.allen-heath.com/UK/Support/Pages/technicalsupport1.aspx they should be able to help you. The iLive range can be reset and I would think it is possible with GLD as well – best to ask the people who make em!

Cheers

Richard Howey
    Audio Dynamite Ltd
    IDR48/IDR16/T112/R72/Mixpad,Tweak,
    Dual M-Dante/DVS, 17″MBP/Logic 9/Custom Mackie Control

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Why can’t someone from A&H Tech support just answer that here? Stealth?

I thought that was part of what these forums were for….

This thread has been running for several days now…..

Profile photo of zuky
    zuky
    Participant

yes I bought the console and seller forgotten password. I console used for one week. then i installed the new Firmware. GLD itself delete all USER and asked admin password. I called the service is a complex operation “they want 120 euros” I think of as such a simple operation is a lot of money. because I do not believe it to be a difficult software intervention. I think rather than secret operations.

GLD

Profile photo of jantaeke
    jantaeke
    Participant

Same problem here, we lost our password for the admin profile. I followed a electronic study, where can i find the jumper? Behind the back of the consol?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.