Weird feature Request

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Weird feature Request

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris93 Chris93 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jono-Morgan
    Jono-Morgan
    Participant

Ok, just thought of this.

GLD has built in sine generator, cool feature, why not make it cooler? My idea is this, allow that to be patched to a channel as the input, and allow another channel to act on the gate, effectively opening and closing the channel to the mix.

How would i employ this? Kick drum input in the system, maybe its a bit thin sounding, so run the kick into the sine channel gate allowing that to trigger the sine channel to open pumping like a 40hz tone down. with the right gating on that channel you could fatten up the mix a huge amount.

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

Keying from other channels is currently one of the features that’s being reserved for iLive.

If you really wanted to do it you could send the kick to a group, use ext in to insert the sine wave, and then feed an input channel from that group using the input channel gate. It doesn’t do exactly what you want as you’d be gating both, but it’s the closest you’d get.

Have you tried the Infrabass FX?

Chris

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

Keying from other channels is currently one of the features that’s being reserved for iLive.

If you really wanted to do it you could send the kick to a group, use ext in to insert the sine wave, and then feed an input channel from that group using the input channel gate. It doesn’t do exactly what you want as you’d be gating both, but it’s the closest you’d get.

Have you tried the Infrabass FX?

Chris

Do you know sidechain from another channel is reserved for iLive or are you assuming?

I miss ducking that my LS9 could do and other less expensive boards can.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, AR2412, AR84, MacBook Pro, Reaper

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

It would seem highly unlikely that it’s technically unable to do it, given everything else it can do.

I think it was mentioned here somewhere, and even in the webinar a few weeks ago something was said about “certain features differentiating certain product lines” (or however it was worded), but I can’t remember what feature was being discussed.

Hopefully this will be added in the future because it’s conspicuously missing as you say.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.