GLD80 & Hearback Monitor System Compatibility

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions GLD80 & Hearback Monitor System Compatibility

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sound Doctor Sound Doctor 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Joe Hinkens
    Joe Hinkens
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Hinkens

One other question…..
    As I understand it, there’s no way to get an email notification when a response is posted to a thread on this forum. So if not, how do you stay on top of threads, topics, etc?

Many thanks,
    Joe

I have a link to the forum in the chrome bookmarks bar just under the URL bar, no fancy system, I just check it every so often if I’m on the computer. [:)] The most recently posted-in thread goes to the top of the page too, I think, so that helps to see if somethings changed.

Chris

OK. Big thanks Chris. Both you and Rick have been a big help today. I’m off to the movies with the wifey now before she kicks me out. [;)]
    Over and out for now.

Thanks,
    Joe

GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, MacBook Pro, Studio One 2

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Chris93

quote:

Originally posted by Joe Hinkens

One other question…..
    As I understand it, there’s no way to get an email notification when a response is posted to a thread on this forum. So if not, how do you stay on top of threads, topics, etc?

Many thanks,
    Joe

I have a link to the forum in the chrome bookmarks bar just under the URL bar, no fancy system, I just check it every so often if I’m on the computer. [:)] The most recently posted-in thread goes to the top of the page too, I think, so that helps to see if somethings changed.

Chris

OK. Big thanks Chris. Both you and Rick have been a big help today. I’m off to the movies with the wifey now before she kicks me out. [;)]
    Over and out for now.

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

One “isolation” thing to think about..

Whenever you have an output going to some one elses input, it is good practice to Isolate it. A stereo iso transformer or a pair of passive DIs.
    The problem is that if the other guy has phantom turned on (or turns it on), it can do funky things to your console. I come from a Yamaha world where phantom on an output didn’t damage anything the couple of times it happened bit it made some awful sounds. I don’t know how resiliant the GLD is to this sort of thing.

I am much more careful now and always isolate feeds to other people.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com
    GLD-80 w/M-DANTE, GLD-AR2412, AR84, MacBook Pro, Reaper

Joe Hinkens
    Participant

I just wanted to report that the gig went down without a hitch. I was thrown a lot of curve balls at the last minute, but the flexibility of the GLD with routing, copy/paste, and all the customization features made it easy to accommodate everything on the fly. Meyers tops and bottoms, full house, sounded great. Couldn’t be more pleased.

Thanks,
    Joe

Profile photo of Sound Doctor
    Sound Doctor
    Participant

Hey Joe:
    Glad to hear it went well!
    Cheers,
    Rick

Rick
    GLD80, AR2412, AR84, MMO, GLD Remote, KR202 array

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.