Feature request – 48Khz/24bit USB recording

Forums Forums GLD Forums Archived GLD Discussions Feature request – 48Khz/24bit USB recording

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of TJCornish TJCornish 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TJCornish
    TJCornish
    Participant

According to the GLD Brochure, the USB recorder is 44.1K/16-bit. This is probably fine for a typical concert, but for a multi-content event like a church service with both a band and a speaker, 16 bits doesn’t allow enough dynamic range to get good resolution for the speaking part of the event, since 20dB or more of normalization gain needs to be added in post production.

Since the GLD is 48Khz/24 bits internally, it would be really great if we could record at this native rate; then the USB recording would be as good as the desk is – no sample rate conversion, and no loss of dynamic range.

Sorry to get the feature requests rolling before the thing even ships – well, actually I’m not that sorry – just excited.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi TJCornish

Currently GLD does record to USB at 48kHz, this has been changed since the release of the brochure.

You can also playback .WAV at both 44.1kHz & 48kHz.

Hope that helps

Regards
    Sam A&H

TJCornish
    Participant

24 bit resolution as well? That would be wonderful.

Profile photo of Stealth
    Stealth

Hi TJ Cornish

I am afraid not, the USB record will only support 16bit.

Regards
    Sam A&H

TJCornish
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Stealth

Hi TJ Cornish

I am afraid not, the USB record will only support 16bit.

Regards
    Sam A&H

It would be really great if this could be changed in the future. 24-bit recording is very useful.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Archived GLD Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.