1RU 8 In and 8 Out expanders

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions 1RU 8 In and 8 Out expanders

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Art Art 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rohan Wright
    Rohan Wright
    Participant

Would love to have 8ch In or Out expanders to add into the Mic and IEM racks so i don’t need to run analog audio out of the wireless racks. I have all my Mics and IEM rigs in 8ch blocks.

Profile photo of Mr-B
    Mr-B
    Participant

Dante unit possibly? I believe some of the Shure Range have Dante I/O

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

How about a DX168 which will give you 16 in and 8 out? Available later this month.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

+1
    Mainly for 1U 8 or 12 outs.
    Or alternatively I/O card with one or two DE25 (some call them DB25) with 8 outs each.

ddff

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Sorry, not impressed with the DX168 just on form factor. It’s even large for a stage box based on pics.

DX168

1RU
    8 in or 8 out (or 16 with AES)
    Let me daisy chain DX with full redundancy at least 1 time (2 units)
    Address switches for bank selection
    In theory, you should be able to get 32 in and 32 out via 1 DX redundant pair with an external switch

While there are some Dante options, it adds significant cost both from the dLive side and Dante licensing once you start hitting over 4 ports.

+1 to a 1u DX *output* option. I get the argument for Dante; however, having output options on a DX slot as opposed to burning Dante i/o would be infinitely more useful to me in terms of saving that real-estate. (At least until the HC chips become an option!)

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

Looking at the SQ release announcement, it supports the Qu/GLD AR- and AB- expanders in addition the the DX- expanders.

If you can live with 48khz sample rate, the AR series (Audio Rack) already has 24×12 and 8×4.

A&H – Can we please have AR/AB support on the dLive series via DX (Slink?) ?

Jay

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

A&H – Can we please have AR/AB support on the dLive series via DX (Slink?) ?

Nooooooo!!!!! Instead of downgrading the dLive, perhaps they can take the AR84 and make it a DX84 instead.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.